Thursday 1 March 2012

MY FAVORITE DISH “ABACHA”.



ABACHA is an eastern Nigerian dish and it’s gotten from cassava. ABACHA also known as African salad or Cassava salad it's made from dried shredded cassava.

MY EASIEST METHOD OF PREPARING ABACHA .

 INGREDIENT:
1. Abacha
2. Red palm oil
3. Knorr maggi cube
4. Akanwu (potash)
5. Ground crayfish
6. Shredded onions
7. Shredded garden egg leaf
 8. Ogiri
9. Ugba/ ukpaka
10. Eghuru
11. Salt (to taste)
12. Pepper (to taste)
13. Fried fish


PROCEDURE:
1. Put the abacha in a bowl and pour warm water (into the bowl) until the abacha is completely immersed then allow it to soak for about 5 minutes or until it’s soft. Pour the bowl content in a colander and set aside to drain.
2. Pour red palm oil in a pot, dissolve the akanwu(potash) in little water and pour into oil then add maggi, crayfish, onion, ogiri, ugba, eghuru, mix properly and then heat (with low heat) for 2-3minutes.
3. After heating, pour soft abacha into the mixture and stir properly to ensure even distribution of the mixture. Then add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Dish the abacha in a plate, sprinkle the garden egg leaf on the abacha and finally put the fried fish on it.
FOOD IS READY *Big Smile*
Hope you enjoyed reading my apian way method of making abacha, lol. Please feel free to comment. Thank you

1 comment:

  1. This looks lovely, I am Nigerian too although I was born in London and haven't been home yet :( My parents are from Lagos so I haven't come across this before, I am going to try it and I'll let you know how it turns out lol.

    Great blog, I am now following you, please check my blog out and follow me too if you'd like :) xxx

    www.dressmecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete